Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Calling All COOKS!!

I need fast easy recipes, anybody have some they would like to share???? or if you have recipes that freeze well that I would also be nice!! I have a freezer stocked with beef and chicken if that helps :)

I think most people that read my blog know me but if you don't know me, I have a hectic schedule this semester. I work 4 days a week and I am in Ft Wayne from 8am-9pm on Tues and Thurs and my time at home is used to work on my online class and study for my other class and TEAS test. My poor house is going to be neglected until May.

5 comments:

darcilyna said...

home.comcast.net/~karla731/Recipe_Swap/Recipe_Swap.html

a friend of mine from hs created this recipe website for sharing recipes... there will be new ones added each week. i'll email you with some good/ easy/ freezable ones when i get a chance.

darcilyna said...

your mom has/had a crockpot cookbook that i loaned her... maybe check on that? you throw stuff in before you leave in the morning and it'd be ready when you get home? (chop veggies, etc. the nite before?) and i'm sure there'd be leftovers for freezing or the next nite or so.

Jenna said...

I did this this week...

Brown a lb of hamburger with taco seasoning. (can be done ahead and frozen)

In a 9x13 layer 1 can of refried beans, a sprinkle of shredded cheddar, I cut up some leftover tortilla soft shells ( I think I used three small shells for the whole 9x13), I then put some chopped onion (optional), and then the hamburger (cooked), then more cheddar cheese, and topped it with crunched doritos.

I then put it in the oven for like 10 minutes on like 350-400 just so the beans would warm up.

If you already had your meat done it would be such a quick meal!

Anonymous said...

One thing I like to do is brown 5 lbs of hamburger at one time and then freeze it in about 1 lb packages for when I am in a hurry. You can make a casserole or put it in soup. It really speeds up fixing a meal when one step is already done.

I also like to use the Meatball recipe in Dutch Delight II on at the bottom of page 71. I like to make them and stick them in the freezer. You can put them frozen in the oven and bake for an hour or so cover them in sauce and wa la--supper!! Good luck with your busy schedule.--julie l

soli deo gloria said...

Janelle, What about spaghetti, lasagna, or lasagna roll-ups?? Or you could always do soups. MMmmmm. . . If this is about using what you have in your freezer, then ok, otherwise I say let your friends bring you a meal every now and then! Love ya! Jane